By Amira Jarmakani
Read Online or Download An Imperialist Love Story: Desert Romances and the War on Terror PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Considering the recognition and diversity of the style, this collaborative quantity considers a variety of English Romantic autobiographical writers and modes, together with working-class autobiography, the favourite essay, and the staged presence. within the wake of Rousseau's Confessions, autobiography turned an more and more well known in addition to a literary mode of writing.
This quantity during this fascinating new sequence offers an in depth but available learn of Gothic literature within the 19th century. It examines how topics and developments linked to the early Gothic novels have been subtle greatly in lots of diverse genres within the Victorian interval, together with the ghost tale, the detective tale and the journey tale.
Literary Networks and Dissenting Irish Print tradition examines the origins of Irish labouring-class poetry produced within the liminal house of progressive Ulster (1790-1815), the place spiritual dissent fostered a special and precise cultural identity.
- Romanticism (The New Critical Idiom)
- The Fragrance of Sweet-Grass: L.M. Montgomery's Heroines and the Pursuit of Romance
- Securing the Global Economy: G8 Global Governance for a Post-Crisis World (Global Finance)
- Corporate Romanticism: Liberalism, Justice, and the Novel (Lit Z)
- Shelley and the Romantic Revolution: Volume 1 (RLE: Percy Shelley)
- The Romantic Crowd (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism, 97)
Additional info for An Imperialist Love Story: Desert Romances and the War on Terror
An Imperialist Love Story: Desert Romances and the War on Terror by Amira Jarmakani
Categories: Literary Gothic Romantic Criticism