By John G. Cawelti
Read or Download Adventure, Mystery, and Romance: Formula Stories as Art and Popular Culture (Phoenix Series) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Bearing in mind the recognition and diversity of the style, this collaborative quantity considers quite a lot of English Romantic autobiographical writers and modes, together with working-class autobiography, the universal essay, and the staged presence. within the wake of Rousseau's Confessions, autobiography turned an more and more renowned in addition to a literary mode of writing.
This quantity during this interesting new sequence offers an in depth but available research of Gothic literature within the 19th century. It examines how subject matters and developments linked to the early Gothic novels have been subtle broadly in lots of various genres within the Victorian interval, together with the ghost tale, the detective tale and the journey tale.
Literary Networks and Dissenting Irish Print tradition examines the origins of Irish labouring-class poetry produced within the liminal house of progressive Ulster (1790-1815), the place non secular dissent fostered a special and certain cultural identity.
- Ghostly Apparitions: German Idealism, the Gothic Novel, and Optical Media
- Imperial Lyric: New Poetry and New Subjects in Early Modern Spain (Penn State Romance Studies)
- The Materials of Exchange between Britain and North East America, 1750-1900 (Ashgate Series in Nineteenth-Century Transatlantic Studies)
- Mujeres en tránsito: Viaje, identidad y escritura en Sudamérica (1830-1910) (North Carolina Studies in the Romance Languages and Literatures) (Spanish Edition)
- Romanticism and the City (Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters)
Extra info for Adventure, Mystery, and Romance: Formula Stories as Art and Popular Culture (Phoenix Series)
Adventure, Mystery, and Romance: Formula Stories as Art and Popular Culture (Phoenix Series) by John G. Cawelti
Categories: Literary Gothic Romantic Criticism