By Joel Faflak,Julia M. Wright
- Focuses on British Romanticism whereas additionally addressing continental and transatlantic Romanticism and previous periods
- Utilizes key terms reminiscent of mind's eye, chic, poetics, philosophy, race, historiography, and visible tradition as issues of entry to the learn of Romanticism and the theoretical issues and the tradition of the period
- Explores issues important to Romanticism stories and the severe traits of the final thirty years
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Considering the recognition and diversity of the style, this collaborative quantity considers quite a lot of English Romantic autobiographical writers and modes, together with working-class autobiography, the frequent essay, and the staged presence. within the wake of Rousseau's Confessions, autobiography turned an more and more renowned in addition to a literary mode of writing.
This quantity during this interesting new sequence presents an in depth but obtainable learn of Gothic literature within the 19th century. It examines how issues and developments linked to the early Gothic novels have been subtle generally in lots of diversified genres within the Victorian interval, together with the ghost tale, the detective tale and the journey tale.
Literary Networks and Dissenting Irish Print tradition examines the origins of Irish labouring-class poetry produced within the liminal house of progressive Ulster (1790-1815), the place non secular dissent fostered a distinct and targeted cultural identity.
- British Romanticism and the Catholic Question: Religion, History and National Identity, 1778-1829
- 30 Great Myths about the Romantics
- Imagining Africa: Landscape in H. Rider Haggard's African Romances (Contributions to the Study of World Literature)
- Cervantes' Epic Novel: Empire, Religion, and the Dream Life of Heroes in Persiles: Empire, Religion, and the Dream Life of Heroes in Persiles (University of Toronto Romance Series)
- Disrupted Narratives: Illness, Silence and Identity in Svevo, Pressburger and Morandini (Italian Perspectives (Maney))
Additional info for A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) by Joel Faflak,Julia M. Wright
Categories: Literary Gothic Romantic Criticism