By Charles Mahoney
- Breaking unfastened from the bounds of the traditionally-studied authors, the gathering takes a revitalized method of the sector and brings jointly probably the most fascinating paintings being performed at present time
- Emphasizes poetic shape and procedure instead of a biographical approach
- Features essays on construction and distribution and the several faculties and hobbies of Romantic Poetry
- Introduces modern contexts and views, in addition to the problems and debates that proceed to force scholarship within the field
- Presents the main entire and compelling number of essays on British Romantic poetry at the moment available
Read or Download A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
First released in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Taking into consideration the recognition and diversity of the style, this collaborative quantity considers quite a lot of English Romantic autobiographical writers and modes, together with working-class autobiography, the accepted essay, and the staged presence. within the wake of Rousseau's Confessions, autobiography turned an more and more well known in addition to a literary mode of writing.
This quantity during this intriguing new sequence offers a close but obtainable research of Gothic literature within the 19th century. It examines how topics and developments linked to the early Gothic novels have been subtle generally in lots of assorted genres within the Victorian interval, together with the ghost tale, the detective tale and the journey tale.
Literary Networks and Dissenting Irish Print tradition examines the origins of Irish labouring-class poetry produced within the liminal house of innovative Ulster (1790-1815), the place non secular dissent fostered a special and designated cultural identity.
- William Wordsworth and the Theology of Poverty
- James Hogg and the Literary Marketplace: Scottish Romanticism and the Working-Class Author
- A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits
- The Poet's Holy Craft: William Gilmore Simms and Romantic Verse Tradition
Extra resources for A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Charles Mahoney
Categories: Literary Gothic Romantic Criticism